This year's volleyball camp will be run by the head varsity coach, Scott McQueen. Coach McQueen has 15 years head coaching experience, including 2 State Championships (2012 & 2013) and 2 State Runner-Up appearances. He also has coached at the club level for 16 years. This year's camp will be run at the high school gymnasium from July 14th through 18th, 2014. Learn More >
2014-15 Pre-Participation Physical Exam & Packet
In an effort to help prepare for the 2014-2015 school year, ACSC has partnered with Hendricks Regional Health to provide quality, low cost pre-participation physical exams. This partnership allows each school to keep a portion of the fees charged from each exam completed. Students MUST have a physical on file dated after April 1st, 2014 before being allowed to participate in summer activities.
- Who: All 2014-2015 middle school & high school students
- When: Thursday, May 8th at Avon High School at 6:30pm &
Thursday, May 15th at Avon South Middle School at 6:00pm
(students can attend either physical date regardless of grade level)
- Cost: $20.00 (paid at the time an appointment is scheduled.)
- Physical Form: Download (PDF) or in each schools’ athletic office
To schedule an appointment:
- May 8th at AHS stop by the athletic office or call 317-544-5045
- May 15th at AMSS please visit AMSS or AMSN or call 317-544-5700 (South) or 317-544-5500 (North)
Plan to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. The complete physical exam will take approximately one hour.
Try-Outs will begin August 4th!
New NCAA Guidelines
2013 Class 4A State Champions!!!
Congratulations to the Lady Orioles for clinching their 2nd consecutive 2013 4A State Title!
Varsity Post-Season Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Time / Result|
|Thursday, 10/24||Sectional vs. Martinsville||Win: 23-25, 25-17, 25-21, 25-18|
|Saturday, 10/26||Sectional vs. Terre Haute North||Win: 25-20, 25-17, 25-20|
|Saturday, 10/26||Sectional Final vs. Brownsburg||Win: 25-19, 25-13, 25-19
|Tuesday, 10/29||Regional vs. Perry Meridian||Win: 25-16, 27-25, 25-11
|Saturday, 11/02||Semi-State vs. Floyd Central||Win: 25-20, 25-22, 25-16|
|Semi-State vs. Columbus East||Win: 25-22, 25-17, 25-13
|Saturday, 11/09||State vs. Carmel||Win: 17-25, 25-19, 25-14, 25-18
First-Half Season Highlights
2013 Schedule - Home Games
|Date||Opponent||Time / Result|
|08/22||vs. Hamilton Southeastern *||V-Win, JV-Loss, F-Win|
|08/24||vs. Assumption||V-Loss, JV-Win, F-Loss|
|08/27||vs. Carmel||V-Loss, JV-Loss, F-Win|
|09/05||Lafayette Harrison *||V-Win, JV-Loss, F-Win|
|09/26||vs. Noblesville *||V-Win, JV-Win, F-Win|
|10/01||vs. Martinsville||V-Win, JV-Win, F-Win|
|10/10||vs. McCutcheon *||V-Win, JV-Win, F-Win|
|10/16||vs. Ben Davis||V-Win, JV-Win, F-Win|
It's Registration Time!
It is time for college-bound student-athletes to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Any current sophomore, junior or senior who wishes to participate in intercollegiate athletics at an NCAA Division I or II college or university should register.
Registrants may access the site at www.eligibilitycenter.org. From the home page, click on “Enter Here” for NCAA college-bound student-athletes, then on the “New Account” link in the upper right corner. From there, they simply follow the prompts.
A Basic Guide for Schools, Students and Parents
Your high school years will provide some of the most memorable and enjoyable moments you will ever experience. Competition in interschool athletics is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, which will influence you forever.
Your participation in high school athletics is dependent on your eligibility.
Keep that eligibility. Read the following summary of Indiana High School Athletic Association rules which govern your participation.
Review the rules with your parents/guardians. Ask questions of your principal, athletic director/s and coaches.
- Max Preps: Avon volleyball honored in TOC
- Max Preps: Avon Orioles Named to the 3rd Annual MaxPreps Volleyball Tour of Champions Presented by the Army National Guard
- Max Preps: MaxPreps 2012 Volleyball Underclass All-American teams
- Indy Star: Athlete spotlight: Kayla Springer, Avon volleyball
- Indy Star: Rachel Griffin and Beth Prince named to the Star's 2012 Super Team
- Indy Star: Avon's Beth Prince is Star's Volleyball Player of the Year
- Indy Star: Athlete spotlight: Rachel Griffin, Avon volleyball
- Congratulations to Emily Graves for making the Senior South All-Star team and for Rachel Griffin, Rebekah Strange, and Shelby Connors for making the Junior South All-Star team!
- Congratulations to Kayla Springer for being named to the 1st Team Academic All-State!
- Congratulations to Beth Prince for being named to 1st Team All-State and Rebekah Strange for 2nd Team All-State!
- Congratulations to Rachel Griffin, Rebekah Strange and Beth Prince for being named to the HCC All-Conference Team and to Kayla Springer for Honorable Mention!
2012 Class 4A State Champions!!!
Congratulations to the Lady Orioles for clinching the 2012 4A State Title!
- Avon wins 4A State Championship!
- Avon heads to State Finals for 2nd year in a row!
- Avon wins 3rd straight Regional Championship in thrilling 5-game match
- Avon claims 12th straight Sectional Title