Avon Volleyball Dates of Note
Week of May 6th
Beginning of conditioning (weights). Dates and times are Tuesday and Thursday after school from 3:15(ish)-5pm until school lets out.
Week of June 3rd
Beginning of summer conditioning. Will continue every Monday and Wednesday 8-10am.
June 30th - July 7th
Dead week. No athletics at all are allowed in the gymnasium.
July 15th - June 19th
Team Camp: 600-930 PM - All incoming freshman to seniors are invited to this free camp.
July 15th – 19th
Youth Camp: 9-10:30 (2-4th), 11-1 (5th-6th), 11-1 (Intermediate 7th-8th), 3-5 (Advanced 7th-9th).
Friday, July 19th, 7:00pm
August 1st & 2nd
First days of open gyms - right after school.
1st day of tryouts: 3:30-6:30pm - Required to be at all times of tryouts. Tryouts will run through Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on numbers. First practices will start as soon as tryouts are done and go from 3:30-5:30pm.
July 15th-19th, 2013
This year's camp will be run at the high school gymnasium from July 15th through 19th, 2013. Any 2nd-4th grader for the 2013-14 school year will have the opportunity to sign up for the 9am-10:30am session (this session will go from July 15th through the 18th). 5th-6th graders will run from 11am-1pm. There will be two sessions for the 7th-9th grade classes: intermediate and advanced. Intermediate 7th-8th graders will run from 11am-1pm. Advanced 7th-9th graders will run from 3-5pm. Read More >
- Max Preps: Avon volleyball honored in TOC
- Max Preps: Avon Orioles Named to the 3rd Annual MaxPreps Volleyball Tour of Champions Presented by the Army National Guard
- Max Preps: MaxPreps 2012 Volleyball Underclass All-American teams
- Indy Star: Athlete spotlight: Kayla Springer, Avon volleyball
- Indy Star: Rachel Griffin and Beth Prince named to the Star's 2012 Super Team
- Indy Star: Avon's Beth Prince is Star's Volleyball Player of the Year
- Indy Star: Athlete spotlight: Rachel Griffin, Avon volleyball
- Congratulations to Emily Graves for making the Senior South All-Star team and for Rachel Griffin, Rebekah Strange, and Shelby Connors for making the Junior South All-Star team!
- Congratulations to Kayla Springer for being named to the 1st Team Academic All-State!
- Congratulations to Beth Prince for being named to 1st Team All-State and Rebekah Strange for 2nd Team All-State!
- Congratulations to Rachel Griffin, Rebekah Strange and Beth Prince for being named to the HCC All-Conference Team and to Kayla Springer for Honorable Mention!
2012 Class 4A State Champions!!!
Congratulations to the Lady Orioles for clinching the 2012 4A State Title!
Follow Avon's success through the 2012 post-season!
- Avon wins 4A State Championship!
- Avon heads to State Finals for 2nd year in a row!
- Avon wins 3rd straight Regional Championship in thrilling 5-game match
- Avon claims 12th straight Sectional Title
2012 Avon Volleyball - Post Season Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Time / Result|
|10/16||Sectional vs. Decatur Central||Win: 25-6, 25-10, 25-18|
|10/20||Sectional vs. Pike||Win: 25-10, 25-11, 25-9|
|Sectional Championship vs.
|Win: 25-21, 25-16, 25-21|
|10/23||Regional vs. Martinsville
@ Martinsville HS
|Win: 25-15, 19-25, 22-25, 25-22, 15-10|
|10/27||Semi-State vs. Columbus East
@ Seymour HS
|Win: 25-18, 25-23, 25-18|
|Semi-State vs. TBA
@ Seymour HS
|Win: 25-17, 15-25, 25-20, 25-17|
|11/3||State @ Ball State University||Win: 21-25, 25-20, 25-17, 21-25, 15-10|
2012 Avon Volleyball Schedule - Home Games
|Date||Opponent||Time / Result|
|8/14||Center Grove||(V) Win, (JV) Win, (F) Win|
|8/23||Westfield *||(V) Loss, (JV) Win, (F) Win|
|8/25||Avon Invite (V)||Champions|
|vs. Greenwood||(V) Win|
|vs. Terre Haue South||(V) Win|
|vs. Franklin Community||(V) Win|
|vs. Perry Meridian||(V) Win|
|9/5||Plainfield||(V) Win, (JV) Win|
|9/6||Fishers *||(V) Win, (JV) Win, (F) Win|
|9/13||Brownsburg *||(V) Win, (JV) Win, (F) Win|
|9/27||Lafayette Jeff *||(V) Win, (JV) Win, (F) Win|
|10/6||Avon Invite (JV)||Champions|
|10/11||Zionsville * (Senior Night)||(V) Win, (JV) Win, (F) Win|
IndyStar: High School Volleyball Preview
Five teams to watch
Avon: The Orioles graduated three All-State players from last year's team that finished 39-1, its lone loss coming to Penn in the Class 4A state finals. That would be a blow to most programs. Avon, though, has the depth to reload, led by one of the nation's top young players in Beth Prince. Read More >
- Congratulations to Madi Reeves for her committment to Wayne State, Katie Higginbotham for her committment to IPFW and to Rachel McKinney & Kayla Springer for their committment to Taylor University!
- Congratulations to Beth Prince who was recently named the 2011 ESPN NATIONAL Freshman of the Year in Volleyball! Read More >
- Congratulations to Beth Prince for being named Super Team Player of the Year! Also congratulations to Katie Higginbotham and Ally Bexell for being named to the Super Team and to Madi Reeves for being named Honorable Mention Super Team.
- Congratulations to Katie Higginbotham for being named to the South Senior All-Star Team and for Emily Graves to being named to the Junior South All-Star Team. Also Congratulations to Beth Prince and Katie Higginbotham for being named to the 1st Team All-State and Madi Reeves and Ally Bexell for being named to the 2nd Team All-State.
Health Insurance / Student Accident Insurance
Avon High School administrators, coaches and athletic trainers are safety conscious and are trained to instruct athletes in the safe and proper techniques of their particular sports; however, due to the nature of athletic activity, injuries do occur.
Beginning this fall season, Avon High School will no longer provide accident insurance for its athletes. The athletic department strongly advises that parents purchase insurance to cover athletic injuries and the cost of treatment. The department has identified two different options for acquiring health insurance and/or accident insurance.
- All student-athletes are given the opportunity to purchase Student
Accident Insurance Plans. This is accident insurance that is purchased
by the family. The cost for covering all school activities except
High School (Sr. High) football ranges from $22.00 to $184.00. The
cost for football is in addition to the student activity accident
plan and ranges from $89 to $223 depending on the options that the
insured athlete chooses. Please see 2011
Voluntary Student Program brochure for more policy details. Interested
parents should purchase the policy before their athlete's practice
season begins. Please note that for Fall Sports the Policy Effective
Date is July 29th. For completed applications
and accompanying premium received by Francis Dean within the first
10 days of the Policy Effective Date, the student’s coverage shall
begin on the Policy Effective Date. For applications and premium
received after the initial 10-day period, student’s coverage shall
begin on the date that we receive the completed application and premium.
For further information on 2011 Student Voluntary Program please
- Bob McPike, McPike Insurance Services, Inc. (317) 247-7060
The IHSAA carries catastrophic insurance for major injuries incurred during participation in approved IHSAA sports programs. The policy pays a premium on a catastrophic coverage from $25,000 to $1,000,000. The family's insurance is responsible for the first $25,000. It should be noted that neither the IHSAA nor Avon High School would carry any kind of first dollar medical insurance for athletic injuries.